creating a good climate for women

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Tue Jun 11 10:12:34 EST 1996

The whole message is below for those who are just picking up the thread.
I think Susan is being a little bit overly critical.  My interpretation
of what Sarah was saying was the "you can't do your postdoc at the
university you got your PhD in" unwritten rule.  Even if you switch labs
and systems, it's often looked upon as being unwilling to sacrifice for
science.  Never mind you didn't move because your spouse still had a
year to go on his/her degree (or maybe especially because of this-this
means you are more dedicated to a marriage then to science and that is
seen by some people as "bad").  Is this what you were trying to say
Sarah?

Julie (rest of sig block at very bottom due to complexities of mail
system)

Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at