moving around/climate for women

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at
Wed Jun 12 09:59:52 EST 1996

Sarah Boomer wrote:
> In regards to a couple of posts:  my original post was aimed at the
> post-doctoral and faculty positions that, because of the way that grants
> are reviewed, mark down candidates for not picking up and moving away to
> assume a position.

Oops - my misunderstanding.

_Why_ do universities do this? (I mean, what reason do they give for it?)

Surely this isn't the case everywhere; maybe that should be one of your major criteria in
_selecting_ a university?

Susan Jane Hogarth

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Freddy the Fish

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught." -- Winston Churchill