moving around/climate for women

Celeste Moore celestem at transposon.bchs.uh.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:02:33 EST 1996

>.... I think with
> time this has been changing and will continue to change in a positive way.
> I hope for better opportunities for my 2 daughters, just as I am sure my
> mother hoped for better for me.

I agree very strongly with Megan.  Women are definitly growing and becoming
more of a factor in science and all other fields, but we are still working out
the way we need to approach the job market and what we must insist from the job
market.  Having grown-up in a very patriarchal family (no-one sat down to eat
until the oldest man did.)  I truly enjoy seeing the power and prestige that
we, as modern women, are capable of attaining.  I am also aware of how
difficult it is and am very hopeful for my future and the future of up and
coming women.

I guess we are the new suffragettes.