multiple moves

Susan Jane Hogarth sjhogart at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 14 12:53:57 EST 1996

DK wrote:

> I have received several e-mails on this post which in itself I find
> odd.  I assume we do want female presense on the net.  Why do all of
> the females send me e-mail rather than post?  Why not get bitchy right
> back.  If I am out of line, tell me so in public.  If you haven't
> noticed recently, the nice guys are getting screwed.  It is time to
> speak up and be noticed.   One email inspired me to moderate my tone
> and be perhaps a bit more "feminine" and not be so bitchy but this one
> (having been preceded by a similar one) has inspired me back into
> bitchiness.
>
> If this is a nice soft, pink, touchy feely, support group and a
> private club, tell me so. I will respect your territory and get out.
> It is the only group I have found for female scientist but I can do
> without it since I am only moderately sexist.   I will not stop being
> what I am to fit your and anyone elses stereotype of a female.

Yo! - glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. And such eloquent
expression (that may _sound_ like sarcasm, but I assure you it's not).

One _eensy_ prob, though, DK. It's generally not cool to publish mail
from other people without permission (maybe you got it?).
Personally, I think anything given to you (including mail) is yours to
do with as you wish, but apparently that's not the net.consensus

Anyway, bitch away! I'm with you most of the way.
--

Susan Jane Hogarth

"Luck is the residue of design." -- Freddy the Fish

"Personally, I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being
taught." -- Winston Churchill

http://www4.ncsu.edu/~sjhogart/public/home.html