Science careers and moving

Donna Woodka woodka at pauline.sdsc.edu
Wed Jun 19 16:53:54 EST 1996

Well, here's an interesting question - with the availablitiy of the Internet
now as a means of communication between different parts of the scientific
community, is "moving around" to be exposed to different viewpoints still
an absolute requirement? Here we have a world-wide forum available for
discussing various viewpoints from anywhere in the world - do we really still
need to travel to another city or country for that kind of exposure?

--
Donna Woodka     | "A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my
woodka at sdsc.edu  |  kind of car I drove... but the world may be different