More Post-doc questions...

J Potter jras at post.its.mcw.edu
Wed Jun 26 13:06:41 EST 1996

Now that the post-doc topic has come up, I find that I have questions I
would like to ask when interviewing but am not sure of their
appropriateness.  For example, do you discuss how authorship is assigned?
 What about if you will be allowed to take part of the project with you
when you leave?  Is it inappropriate to ask how many post-docs s/he has
mentored and where are all these people today?  How about contacting the
former post-docs and asking for a reference about the prospective PI?

Any comments?