Mon Mar 4 17:44:24 EST 1996

I tried to send this to the personal email address (Cortevil), but it
bounced back, so I'm posting it to the net:

You wrote:

>Back then, I felt I had to "look" the part in order to convince male
>colleagues that I was "one of the guys" (wildlife biology is a fairly
>"old-boy" network and she got the job because "she's a b*tch" or "she's
>l*sbian" or "she got the job because of affirmative action" have been
>very common ideas in this field.) It has been a strange world for me...

While we're talking about offending people, a member of my lab pointed
out when he read the message-why did you asterisk the word lesbian?
It's not an obscenity!
Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at