obsenities/offense

Julia Frugoli JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Tue Mar 5 10:35:24 EST 1996

I just read my morning mail and I think I need to preface my cut and
paste a bit more!  The person who pointed out to me, while reading over
my shoulder, that lebian is not an expletive, and I both agree with most
of the orignal post and thought it added a great deal to the discussion.
And I'm sorry I overlooked the part about the email address.  I just
found it funny in light of the discussion about what offends people that
I had never thought about lesbian used as an expletive being offensive,
but because the person reading over my shoulder is gay, he was quite
offended by it.

That's all I was trying to say-that I for one have to think more about
the message beneath the message (as is obvious from the replies-I never
thought of myself as nasty and critical of all women trying to suceed-in
fact I just dropped off another newsgroup for women in science because I
felt that one was overly nasty).  So please accept my apolgies if I
offended you-I enjoyed your post, and my cut and paste was NOT meant as
a rebuttal, but as food for thought.
Julia Frugoli
Dartmouth College

visiting grad student at