Curious...

Drmarts drmarts at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 09:27:22 EST 1996

>>Using the term "flesh" to refer to a light, pinkish beige is not un-PC,
since
>>there are no humans with muscle tissue that color.  It is the name of a
>>crayon put out by Crayola, the source for many of us for our color
>>terminology.  B-)

>>Robin P.  panzar at clp2.clpgh.org

Ahh, but Crayola changed the name of that crayon to "peach" in the 1970's,

Even better, I recently bought my nieces and nephews a set of
"flesh"-colored crayons that spanned the whole spectrum of skin color,
from pale peach to near-black.

Sherry
who is of Northern European, primarily Celtic, racial heritage with a
touch of Cherokee for good measure...