AWIS: what's it all about?

SEstey sestey at aol.com
Tue Mar 5 11:26:21 EST 1996

AWIS local chapters vary tremendously in their level of activity (based on
my experience in the San Francisco Bay area and in north Florida). They
are consistent in having members who are interested and active in science
both in academia and industry. My recent experience on returning to the
Bay area is that communication from national AWIS to local AWIS chapters
is very slow and inefficient. This is probably due to busy volunteers who
have more in their lives than AWIS and work. Your best bet is to contact
the local chapters closest to you, and their addresses are inside the
front cover of the glossy national publication.

But now that I look at the list, I see NOTHING in Wisconsin. Hard to
imagine that Madison has nothing!! Are you up to starting your very own
chapter??

Sue J. Estey