Curious...

Sarah J Frankel sfrankel at uoguelph.ca
Wed Mar 6 17:18:29 EST 1996

I couln't read all 19 messages I was presented with on thsi topic, but I
just have an antidote.

CBC radio (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, for those who might not
know), did a story one morning about the frequency of gay bashing in
Toronto. They had two people on from the community to talk about it, and
in the course of the discussion used the word homosexual frequently.

As a result they received several phone calls from gays and lesbians who
objected to the use of the term. This ofcourse frustrated the reporter, who
metaphorically shrugged his shoulders and said it was too hard to keep up.

SARAH