Scaring (HELP)

Donna Woodka woodka at pauline.sdsc.edu
Sun Mar 10 16:24:16 EST 1996

In article <4hu2ue$l7 at news1.emplink.net>,
Jim Mirassou <jimmym at kepnet.com> wrote:
>Today my 3 year old daughter was bitten on the face by a dos and had 9
>stiches dose anyone know the best ways to reduce scaring?  HELP

Gee, I've been scared of dos for a long time myself....

At 3, her skin will probably not scar too badly as long as the medical care
was prompt and competent. I had a bite from a dog on my arm when I was
little, and all there is now is a faint white traceline - only I ever notice
it's there. I would be more concerned with a facial scar, of course. Talk
to your child's pediatrician if you're concerned and they can most likely
reassure you. Scars from a cut or bite, as long as they are "clean". usually
heal pretty well. Scars from burns tend to be more severe and need follow-up
surgery sometimes. 9 stictches doesn't sound too bad, though. It should heal
just fine if kept clean.

--
Donna Woodka     | "A hundred years from now, it will not matter what my
woodka at sdsc.edu  |  kind of car I drove... but the world may be different