moving household overseas

Sibylle Wilbert wilb at u.washington.edu
Thu Mar 14 18:13:31 EST 1996

On 14 Mar 1996, Dougherty, Erika, Dr. NTD BW wrote:

> I would appreciate it if you would post answers to the group rather than (or
> in addition to) using e-mail, since I will soon be in the same situation
> myself!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Erika

Erika,

I got a number of helpful advices:
1. People in similar situations moved with the firms Trans-Euro, Danzas, or
Hasenkamp.
2. It could be cheaper to pick up your shipment in the harbor yourself.
3. Post question on soc.culture.german (which I did and which helped a great
deal).

Since you are in Germany, it is relatively easy for you to get in touch with
the companies mentioned above. Keep me posted if you get further information.

Good luck,		Sibylle