dog bites

Erica Pedersen hspgeep2 at brunel.ac.uk
Thu Mar 14 12:01:57 EST 1996

Erica Greene <erica at bgumail.bgu.ac.il> wrote:
>Just wanted to comment:
> people who did not grow up in English speaking countries.
>Should we request that these people not participate unless they are
>interested in being ridiculed?  Or perhaps, that they consult a certified
>translator prior to posting?
>Erica Greene
>Ben-Gurion Univ. of the Negev
>Beersheva Israel

As a Dane living in London having English as my second Language, and
being very conscious of this working on the internet (If I am going to
Uni knowing that I might mail a message to a newsgroup I always bring my
dictionary), I was very upset when I read some of the responses to the
letter with some spelling mistakes. However the reasons why responses
like that are very unreasonable are put very clearly by Erica Greene,
whom I agree with totally. The net is also for people who are not native
speakers of English, or people who are not so lucky that they never make
spelling mistakes.