Sarcasm

Ms. S.J. Rickard srickard at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Mon Mar 18 08:45:05 EST 1996

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, Catherine Collin wrote:

> Sarcasm is quite overrated as a form of humour, and i think that
> suggesting, sarcastically or otherwise, that US Americans need smileys
> to point it out to them, is daft.
>
> (ok, so i'm just in a bad mood because i have to be in this dance
> performance thing over the weekend and i've been forced to wear a very
> yukky costume.)
>
> cati
On the contrary fellow citizen, sarcasm is the ultimate form of humour.
It allows us Brits to pull the legs of our
American cousins (in the loosest genetic sense) without them ever knowing
(unless a smiley has been cunningly placed!). I will continue to pursue
this form of humour with my last dying breath.
Sarah