high school teachers

Ms. S.J. Rickard srickard at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Mar 21 09:07:26 EST 1996

Just a quick word of agreement to a letter by a Canadian. Here in Britain
our teachin/schools system is in total financial crisis (isn't everything
over
here?) and schools hire cheaper teachers because they HAVE to and can't
afford to pay for an older or more qualified teacher. They have to employ
lots of just qualified teachers rather than a range of teachers of
variuos ages and experience. I lost an experienced and older biology
teacher in the middle of my A levels because of cash shortages!!
In my school there were no teachers with Phds, it just isn't done I don't
think.
Sarah