HELP!! Books wanted (fwd)

Margaret Alic malic at ADMIN.OGI.EDU
Thu Mar 28 13:48:01 EST 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 27 Mar 1996 21:21:33 GMT
From: Veronica I. Arreola <varreo1 at uic.edu>
To: womenbio at net.bio.net
Subject: HELP!! Books wanted

I'm going to take a reading course in women's studies this summer. What
I need is a list of good books on women and science, particularly bio,
to read. i get to design the course. :) I'm really interested in either
biographies, autobiographies, or just books dealing with the
problems/advantages of being a woman in science.

So any books that anyone would recommend are **very** welcome. Thanks in
advance!

******
I have been lurking here for some time, following threads that interest
me.  I am somewhat embarrassed to have my first contribution be an
advertisement but ...

my book, "Hypatia's Heritage:  A History of Women in Science from
Antiquity through the Nineteenth Century"  is available from Beacon
Press, Boston.  It was published in 1986 but is still in print and is
available directly from Beacon or through your local bookstore.  In Great
Britain, it is available from The Women's Press, London.  It is also
available in Spanish, Italian, Swedish, Greek, and German Editions.

Margaret Alic
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Oregon Graduate Institute of Science and Technology