(fwd) HELP!! Books wanted

Mara Michelle Casar mmc9 at acpub.duke.edu
Fri Mar 29 11:49:07 EST 1996

Veronic wrote...

> I'm going to take a reading course in women's studies this summer. What
> I need is a list of good books on women and science, particularly bio,
> to read. i get to design the course. :) I'm really interested in either
> biographies, autobiographies, or just books dealing with the
> problems/advantages of being a woman in science.

Would you mind posting a compilation of people's suggestions?  I'd like
to read some books in this area, but it would help a lot of us (I think)
if we had some sort of list to work from.  Thanks!

Oh - a good book on gender differences in education (not quite the topic
at hand but related) is "Failing at Fairness: How America's Schools Cheat
Girls" by Myra and David Sadker.  They look at nursery school up through
graduate school-aged male and female students.  It's really interesting
but a little depressing.

-Mara