keeping articles organized

Kelly Ambler kelly at hearts.bsd.uchicago.edu
Tue May 21 17:59:18 EST 1996

I find a database "reference manager" program to be extremely useful.
Most articles can fit into more than one subject file.  Thus, when
using a subject-based filing system, the article I was looking for is
never where I expected it to be!  The "reference manager" software used
around here is Papyrus.  It is easy to use, flexible, searchable, etc.
  You can import references into it (e.g., after a MedLine search), and
can build a reference list from a document created in any number of
word processing programs.  No more re-numbering references!  Not having
used the other software packages, I can't directly compare Papyrus to
EndNote, etc.  I strongly recommend some type of database software.

Kelly Ambler
University of Chicago