basic sciences

Celeste Moore celestem at protein.bchs.uh.edu
Mon Nov 18 11:58:09 EST 1996

What a great topic, I am also a graduate student looking at future options and
I am wondering which direction to go when I graduate.  I would very much like
to hear from PI's out there.  They are obviously very affected by this system,
with the budget cuts and so many different demands on their time.  What are the
problems that you would identify as most serious?  and how does this affect
your graduate students?  What factors are taken into consideration when looking
at job options for your students and the future of your lab?  OK, I know these
are very general questions but I usually get the student perspective and I
don't really know how the PI's see things.

Thanks a lot,

Celeste