PhD-flooding into alternative careers/patent agents

J. Johnson siddo at u.washington.edu
Tue Nov 19 21:23:59 EST 1996

Hi Laurel,

Thanks for your input!

I forgot to mention that patent agent is a great alternative!  There are
several at work (I am in a small company too).  The reason I went back to
school for a JD was that I am an over achiever and thought what the hey?

I am sorry I came across as sounding harsh in using the word "defected."
I love science too, and that is why I am interested in patents (the
successes of science) and not another field of law. After thinking a long
time I determined it was not science that made me  unhappy, but bench
work.  There are other things in life for me.  Please accept my apologies.

 Jenn