Letters

KARIN N LOHMAN lohmankn at a1.esvax.umc.dupont.com
Thu Nov 21 09:57:45 EST 1996

[This message is converted from WPS-PLUS to ASCII]

I was recently on a search committee, and we were faced with the
case of a guy with a great CV, two glowing letters of
recommendation, and one not-so-great letter which just didn't
seem to jive with the rest of the candidate's application.  What
our committee decided to do was ask the guy for a fourth letter
of recommendation.  The fourth letter basically reiterated what
was in the two "good" letters, and ultimately we hired the
candidate -- a decision we have not regretted!!!

Karin

Karin Lohman, Ph.D.
Section Research Biologist
Du Pont Agricultural Products