Women in Science poll responses

David Fleck fleck at stripe.Colorado.EDU
Tue Oct 1 18:21:35 EST 1996

In article <52rmu0$2gg at gap.cco.caltech.edu>,
Hannah Dvorak <hdvorak at cns.caltech.edu> wrote:
>I was going to stop there, but then I had to leave my computer for a while
>before posting this message, and I thought about this further.  Perhaps
>I'm giving Mark too much of the benefit of the doubt.  Upon re-reading
>Mark's post, it's not clear _who_ he thinks should be making changes:
>I would like to think he means that people in positions of power should
>not put emphasis on gender when evaluating others, while it's also
>possible that he means that women should in fact de-emphasize (or deny)
>their own gender in their own behaviour, manner, dress, whatever.  I would
>of course support the former, and protest the latter.

Based on my knowledge of Mark, I strongly suspect that both of you would
be in agreement on this.  (At least, I think you're both saying the same
thing.)

David Fleck (really at dfleck at uog.edu)