so what is a christian evolutionist?

Patricia W. Cash cash at bms.com
Tue Sep 3 13:22:49 EST 1996

Sarah L. Pallas wrote:
 But honestly, I don't understand how there really could be some guy in
the sky that sees everything we do and is responsible for the creation of
everything.  If someone came up to you and told you that story would you
believe it?  What seems much more likely to me is that early humans were
afraid of the unknown, and of death, and so they made up comforting
stories to explain scary phenomena

Sarah,

I think this is an interesting thread too.  People have been very patient
and kind in replies.  I understand your position in not believing in a
God.  I affirm my faith in God through science - I see how wonderfully
the world was made and how well things fit together (you can tell I love
science) and I think that this couldn't have happened by accident - there
must be a Creator. Religion, per se, has not always been helpful to
society.  The teachings of Jesus are VERY contrary to religion.  He
really blasts the Pharisees and religious leaders of his day.  I wouldn't
be surprised to find him blasting the religious leaders of our day as
well.

Anyway, I found it helpful to read the book of Ecclesiastes written by
King Solomon.  Any philospohers may find it interesting.  He tries to
determine the meaning of life.

Just my humble opinion.
Pat Cash