creation in the schools

Patricia W. Cash cash at bms.com
Tue Sep 3 13:10:20 EST 1996

Maybe I am underestimating the ability of people to twist the term
"scientific evidence", but if scientific evidence must be presented; I
don't see how religion will enter into the teaching.  I don't see how the
Genesis account of creation could ever be proven - none of us were there.
Those who accept it, accept it on faith.  It seems people on both sides
of this issue get defensive to the point of not considering what the
other side is saying.  If someone wants to present evidence that the
earth is a lot younger than we thought, why don't we listen to the
evidence and evaluate it?  I am in favor of all of the evidence being
presented.  Data should never be subverted because it doesn't fit into
the current paradigm.

On the school's part, I think they need to be much more open in letting
the community know exactly what it is that they are teaching - not only
for parents sake but for the whole community.