short postdocs

Lori Kohlstaedt kohlstaedt at sbmm1.ucsb.edu
Wed Sep 4 17:28:39 EST 1996

I've got another suggestion to add to this thread:  Why not consider staying
in the graduate school lab for a year?  If the thesis is a good one, chances
are that a finishing grad student is a very productive lab member.  Many
P.I.s would be open to paying a postdoc salary for such a person.  An extra
publication or two is much more likely to result from this route than from
any other.  Also, I don't think that a year as a postdoc in the thesis lab
will hurt later chances for postdoctoral fellowships.

Chances are the MBA spouse will be out of town on interviews a lot anyway.

 -  Lori (I've got medium sized postdocs)  Kohlstaedt
Lori Kohlstaedt
Dept. of Chemistry
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106