The best budget laptop?

Sarah L. Pallas spallas at bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Sep 5 17:48:48 EST 1996

In article <E23F7257A4 at bio.tamu.edu> , JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU writes:
>I agree that Microsoft Office stinks-our lab bought it for our new Power
>PCs, and I HATE Word 6 (I've reverted to WordPerfect).  I reccommend
>Cricket Graph or Delta Graph for scientific graphs, but I still use
>Excel for some things that have complicated mathamatical manipulations.
>I use Canvas for graphics (though you may find learning to create

I like my PowerBook.  Hubby has an Acer PC clone and it has given him a
lot of trouble, plus the company hasn't been helpful at all.  As for Mac
software, Word is clearly written for the PC and isn't optimal on a Mac.
I prefer WordPerfect.  I use Excel for spreadsheets, Kaleidagraph (better
than Cricket) for graphs, Canvas for graphics, EndNote for bibiography
generation, and StatView for statistics.  You'll need Norton Utilities,
SAM virus protector, and StuffIt Deluxe for file compression.

Sarah Pallas