Neuroscience postdoc available

Sarah L. Pallas spallas at bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Sep 19 16:50:02 EST 1996

	I am looking for a talented and motivated Ph.D. with interests in
developmental or sensory neuroscience to join my new laboratory in
January 1997.  The goal of my research is to understand the role of
sensory experience in the development of central nervous system
circuitry.  One project concerns the role of activity-dependent processes
in the construction of receptive field properties and topography in the
rodent retinotectal projection.  Another project concerns the role of
afferent modality on the development of sensory cortical circuitry
(cross-modal plasticity).  Experience with mammalian surgery, visual or
auditory stimulation, in vivo or in vitro electrophysiology, and/or
neuroanatomical techniques is desirable.  There are opportunities to work
collaboratively at the cellular/molecular level in addition to the
systems-level approach used by the P.I.

	The successful candidate would be joining a highly interactive and
dynamic group of young neuroscientists at Georgia State University in
Atlanta, Georgia.  Atlanta, site of the 1996 Olympics, is a vibrant,
expanding city with numerous cultural and recreational opportunities.
The Georgia State/ Georgia Tech/ Emory/ Morehouse research community
offers unparalleled opportunities for neuroscience research.

	Interested candidates should send their curriculum vita and names of
three references by November 1, 1996 to S.L. Pallas, Division of
Neuroscience, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX
77030 USA (FAX 713-798-3946, e mail spallas at bcm.tmc.edu).  Salary is
consistent with NIH guidelines.  Georgia State University is an Equal
Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.