Women in Science poll responses

S L Forsburg forsburg at salk.edu
Tue Sep 24 09:42:31 EST 1996

JuneKK wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
> Not too long ago, I posted some poll questions in this internet group.
> Replies were used to write a newsletter article for an organization called
> Women in Neuroscience.

....report deleted....

Thanks for posting this interesting article, June.

One thing that strikes me is that there is a clear division
between a relatively large group who  see some problems, and a
 steady about 25% who don't.  Did you collect any data about the
ages/stages of the respondents?  My hypothesis would be that the
younger women are more likely to feel that they have not suffered
discrimination.  I think that reflects that the doors are now
open at the student and postdoc level; about 50% of grad students and
postdocs that I see are likely to be women.  I also think that
reflects a lot of discussion on this group.

Comments?

susan

--
Susan L Forsburg PhD