anxiety

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Apr 15 15:20:12 EST 1997

IMHO something outside of science is necessary to deal with work-related
stress. Spending time with family or friends, exercising, or just having
some kind of hobby really help.
I have an extremely volatile temper, so I use exercise to chill out.
I'm a speedskater (ice and inline, whatever surface is available).
Skating can fix just about any anxiety problem.
If I get mad at someone, or if my project is driving me nuts,
I just go to the rink and beat up the track.
If someone is trying to treat me like worthless trash, I race and kick
some @$$ to prove that I'm at least good at something.
For some silly reason, my most creative moments are usually about 1-2
hours after I have skated so hard that I have reached the "trashcan" point
(if you don't know where that point is, you probably don't want to know).

Sk8er Brat