anxiety

Gina Berardesco gbe392 at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Tue Apr 15 16:17:04 EST 1997

aloisia t schmid (a-schmi at uiuc.edu) wrote:
[snip]
> And maybe this is more to the point.  When you all are feeling really low
> and really down in the dumps, because maybe you haven't produced as much
> as you feel you should have or because you are having to deal with surly
> creeps....(and I mean surly creeps beyond all comprehension!)....  What
> are the ways you all talk yourself back into being positive and up-beat
> and motivated to keep on working?

My personal reponse to this sort of feeling is to just work through it - I
have to admit a good cry when I'm miserable really helps. I've gotten to the
point where I was really miserable so I just spent an evening wallowing in
feeling miserable, and by the next day I've usually worked it out of my
system. Sometimes you just *can't* be positive, up-beat and motivated. (or
at least I can't be!). As people on this group have mentioned, a good talk
with a sympathetic person always helps. It's hard if you are keeping those
feelings to yourself.

Good luck, I hope things improve for you.

Gina