postdocs

APALLAS apallas at ARSERRC.GOV
Wed Aug 13 14:03:29 EST 1997

I don't have my Ph.D. yet, so I haven't seen that whole postdoc ball game, but here's my opinion...

I consider postdocs resume boosters.  You take this 'pay-cut' kind of job, put it on your resume, and when you apply for a 'real' job with 'real' pay it helps your resume to stand out from other newly graduated Ph.D. 'postdocless' appliers.

This may be crazy thinking, but this is my reason for when I will do a postdoc and take that ridiculous pay and lawless appointment.

If someone thinks that they need to straighten my thinking...I'm all ears.

Alicia

apallas at ARSERRC.gov
US Dept. of Agriculture
Philadelphia, PA