Any options besides a postdoc?

Natarajan Sundaresan Sundarbindu at worldnet.att.net
Fri Aug 15 14:33:58 EST 1997

Helloo Every one,

	After reading such dismal views about the postdocs and our futures, I was
wondering is there any other option after a Ph.D.

	I did a so called soso Ph.D i.e a Ph.D with only one paper, i did a year
of postdoc and had a pretty bad experience. So now I am finally without a
job.

I took sometime off to "think what to do with my life", and came up with no
answers except that:
  I don't want to completely change my field.
  I don't want to run my own lab.

But what else can I do except a postdoc!!!

Any ideas would be welcomed

Thanks
 Bindu

 major snips follows