undergraduate research internships

Leemor Joshua-Tor leemor at CSHL.ORG
Tue Aug 19 07:34:06 EST 1997

Here's the Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory web site for our URP program:

http://www.cshl.org/admin/pubaff/URP.html

Bharathi Jagadeesh wrote:

>Judith Gibber (jrg43 at columbia.edu) wrote:
>
>: [description of summer research internships]
>
>: Announcements for these programs are generally sent to Bio Depts and
>: Career Services in Dec/Jan.  If your school doesn't post such
>: announcements on bulletin boards, you can search for information
>: about them on the Web.  Do a search on terms like REU, Research Experience
>: for Undergraduates, SURF, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, SURP,
>: Summer Undergraduate Research Program.
>:
>: A few sites set up links to a variety of these programs, for example:
>:
>:  http://www.life.uiuc.edu/hughes/researchopps/researchopps.dir.html
>:  gopher://gopher.mtholyoke.edu:2772/11m/mhc/internship/databases/
>:                sciences/bio.txt
>
>Here's NIH's site for summer undergraduate fellowships at NIH, which are
>available for pre-college, college, graduate students, and for
>post-undergraduate students planning on applying to professional schools.
>
>http://helix.nih.gov:8001/oe/student/
>
>In general, deadlines are March 1st, but some institutes have
>earlier deadlines. Applications for the Summer internship program
>are accepted starting November 15th, and decisions are made by
>Institutes, on a rolling basis.
>
>The FAQ states that approximately 2500 students apply, and about
>1000 enter the program (although the 1000 include returning students).
>
>In addition, some laboratories will accept students who are
>willing to volunteer.
>

>--
>Bharathi Jagadeesh/bjag at ln.nimh.nih.gov
>Lab of Neuropsychology, NIMH
>Building 49, Room 1b80
>Bethesda, Maryland 20892
>
>(312) 496-5625 x270

  Leemor Joshua-Tor, Ph.D.
  Assistant Investigator
  Keck Structural Biology
  Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory           Tel. (516) 367 8821
  1 Bungtown Road                         Fax  (516) 367 8873
  Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724            e-mail: leemor at cshl.org