postdocs to faculty- yet another point

JuneKK junekk at aol.com
Tue Aug 19 06:53:44 EST 1997

Dear Kim

<<excuse me, I have a bad cough.>>
Huh?

<< Unless you have 20 papers from that 2 year
post-doc, forget it.  If you're a racial "minority" really forget it.
If you are a woman, a racial minority (which I happen to be), prepare for
4 years of post-doc at least!>>

If you are into Neuroscience, there's a great postdoc fellowship available
from the American Psychological Association (APA) for the Minority
Fellowship Program, an NIMH sponsored award adminstered by the APA.  I had
gotten a predoctoral fellowship from them, and then a 1year postdoc
fellowship.  Pretty reasonable in terms of the competition and great
people to know!  If you are interested I can look up the info...

Regards,
June Kume-Kick, Ph.D.

P. S.  <<of practice this: "Would you like fries with that?">>

We Ph.Ds in NY have always thought of KMart as OUR fallback plan (sigh).