postdoc disparity

Deirdre deirdre at sover.net
Tue Aug 19 23:30:03 EST 1997

In article <m2sowa4z5l.fsf at hubert.wuh.wustl.edu>, Alan Shutko <ats at acm.org>
wrote:

> That's why it's important to marry a programmer, as was discussed in
> this group when I started reading it.  8^)
>
> Fact is, I'm very glad I'm reading this group now, so I'll be better
> able to emotionally support my future wife when she's going through
> this.

Oh dear -- what does one do if one's a widow (and a computer programmer)
but wants to forsake the high-paying (cough) life of programming for
biology?

Ever curious,

_Deirdre

deirdre at sover.net
http://www.sover.net/~deirdre

First alien says to the second alien, who is looking at an
apparently empty pedestal in an art gallery, "Yes, I know
it's invisible. But Is It Art?" -- Martin Young