postdoc disparity

Deirdre deirdre at
Tue Aug 19 23:30:03 EST 1997

In article <m2sowa4z5l.fsf at>, Alan Shutko <ats at>

> That's why it's important to marry a programmer, as was discussed in
> this group when I started reading it.  8^)
> Fact is, I'm very glad I'm reading this group now, so I'll be better
> able to emotionally support my future wife when she's going through
> this.

Oh dear -- what does one do if one's a widow (and a computer programmer)
but wants to forsake the high-paying (cough) life of programming for

Ever curious,

deirdre at

First alien says to the second alien, who is looking at an
apparently empty pedestal in an art gallery, "Yes, I know
it's invisible. But Is It Art?" -- Martin Young