Women in THE SCIENTIST

C.J. Fuller cjfuller at mindspring.com
Tue Dec 2 11:09:29 EST 1997

Susan-I was very heartened to see those articles in The Scientist when it
landed in my mailbox last week.  I don't know if they will tweak the
consciousnesses of any of the powers-that-be.  I agree with your comment
that the glass ceiling may be a bit higher in the biological sciences than
in physics or chemistry.  We may get the postdocs, and some of us may get
the first academic positions, but what happens at tenure time?  What
happens when it comes time to find a new department chair?

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller
<mailto:cjfuller at erickson.uncg.edu>