HS Students and

Catherine Sarisky sarisky at cco.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 2 18:25:54 EST 1997

Karen Allendoerfer wrote:

> I was a "gifted" student too, and two years ahead in school (graduated
> at 16) besides, and I got a LOT of that--I think I can sympathize.  But
> at least in my case, it didn't lead to an inflated sense of self-worth,
> but rather a sense that nothing I could do was ever good enough.

That wa my experience as well.  Perhaps the biggest drawback of an honors
school is that you never get the sense of being "the best" at anything.  I was
always just in the pack.. never near the top.  It wasn't until I got to
college that it dawned on me that I was actually *good* at anything.

Just my two electrons,

Cathy