good-bye to everyone on this group

Sabine Dippel sabine at hlrz28.hlrz.kfa-juelich.de
Tue Dec 16 12:36:24 EST 1997

Hi,

this is both a test if I get through to the newsgroup at all,
as well as a quick good-bye note in case I will not be able to
access this newsgroup from my new job.

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed reading this newsgroup during
the last 3 years, and am going to miss it in case I won't be able
to read it in my new job. The discussions here were really on a
level which you seldom find in usenet - interesting, straight to the
point, taking everyone seriously (none of these ego battles there are
in sci.research.careers, e.g.) and a great help to someone working
in an all-male scientific environment like I do. I am moving into an
industrial job on January 1st, in an industrial research lab - I am
leaving academic science, but not science as such. I think my
experiences
there might be interesting to the group, so I will try my best to
tell about it once I'm settled.

All the best for the holidays,

and a happy new year,

Sabine

s.dippel at fz-juelich.de                      |
| HLRZ              | phone : [++49] (2461)
61-2318                       |
| FZ Juelich        | fax   : [++49] (2461)
61-2430                       |
| 52425 Juelich     | WWW   :
http://www.hlrz.kfa-juelich.de/~sabine/     |
| Germany           |