Interview etiquette

Dr. Paula J. Schlax pjschlax at JHUVMS.HCF.JHU.EDU
Thu Dec 18 16:56:16 EST 1997

Although it is illegal to ask about marital status, etc., It is clear to
me that some prospective employers know my marital status and that I
have kids (presumably from letters of reference or from speaking to
people who know me). If the prospective employer already knows, but not
from the prospective employee, are there rules for what can and cannot
be discussed?

It isn't a big deal to me- I am not trying to hide my kids or marital
status-  but it bothers me that it came from another source....

Just a little peeved today.

Paula