Recent job search

Mark Friesel mfriesel at ix.netcom.com
Sat Feb 8 19:58:04 EST 1997

Anil Prabhakar wrote:

> There is a God! I am glad the good old fashioned way of finding a job
> works. This networking thing is a royal waste of time for someone
> interested in doing an honest day's research. We need more employers out
> there willing to hire people because they are good and not because
> they have the time to spend pushing phone buttons or "networking".
>
> Hmm. Sounds like I've had a bad experience. Not really, I'm just very
> opinionated about the way things tend to happen in today's world.

You've hit a major issue as well.  As long as you're wandering around
pre-occupied with networking, rewriting resumes and covers, trying to
show how 'agile' you can be, you'll be too preoccupied to get angry and
depressed because the only things we do in the country any more are
build prisons, gamble, flip burgers, play stocks, and support the
unemployment industry.

Mark Friesel