neuropeptides and aromas

SkylinePep skylinepep at aol.com
Fri Feb 21 11:22:45 EST 1997

As a retired woman biochemist , I have gotten intersted in planting
lavender on my lot and then I started getting interested in  distilling
the essential oils from the
lavender.  This has led to e-mail contact with "aromatherapists"  I put
this in quotes because I am not sure what they are. Anyway its fasinating
and goes off in many directions including science.  I am now trying to
link my specialty, peptides,with this new area.  a colleague from the
aromatherapy group has asked:
"Now about peptides.  What do you do with them?  I'm interested in the
 neuro-peptides, particularly which of them can be part of a response to
 olfactory triggers.  I think this is the mechanism of many of our
reactions
 to smells.  I'm wondering how consistent these responses are over a wide
 population and how well they can be quantified.  I suspect your work has
 nothing to do with any of this!!!       -------Jo"

SOOOO, I pass this question on to you.  I have posted a similar message on
the peptide newsgroup and the neuroscience newsgroup.

Any help will be appreciated by me and by Jo.
Jan

Janis Dillaha Young           Tel./Fax:  (510) 655-5885
Skyline Peptides                e-mail:  SkylinePep at AOL.com
6039 Skyline Blvd. #A                     janyoung at holonet.net
Oakland, CA  94611-1039