Seeking a BIOnic woman

Gert Jan Gast gjgast at NIOZ.NL
Mon Feb 24 12:04:16 EST 1997

esylander at NETMAIL.HSCBKLYN.EDU wrote:

> Did I miss something over the weekend? Has the name of the group been
> changed to "women in biology newsgroup and singles bar?"
> Or could this post be considered a "job announcement?"
>
> Just wondering if I was the only one who was disconcerted by this post!
>
> Linnea
>
> Now I know that the Internet has been used to hook people up, but what I
want to
> know is how he found this newsgroup. Do you think he got on Yahoo and
typed
> "women/anywhere/babes/chicks."  If he really wanted a response, he should
have
> written to "All the babes in science." He would have REALLY gotten a
response
> then. Sorry, just venting. That post really ticked me off.
>
> Beth Sylander
> SUNY Brooklyn

Could very well be. It took me less then 3 minutes to find women-in-bio
after starting NETSEARCH.  Of course I knew what I was looking for and
didn't pay any attention to the rest (about 80 hits on the word "women"),
but it is easy enough.

Luck, GJ.

Gert Jan Gast <gjgast at NIOZ.NL>
Netherlands Institute for Sea Research
Department of Marine Ecology
P.O. Box 59, 1790 AB Den Burg, The Netherlands.
Phone: 31 (0)222 369573. Fax: 31 (0)222 319674.