Women in Science

bmartin at utmem1.utmem.edu bmartin at utmem1.utmem.edu
Tue Feb 25 14:05:49 EST 1997

In article <5elgcm$7gh$1 at mhafn.production.compuserve.com>, Michelle Taylor
<75444.3710 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:

> Cynthia-
> Go for it!  It may be that the men don't know what contributions
> they aren't aware that women have made.  They probably would
> benefit (if they sign up) from learning that women have made some
> tremendous contributions.

I agree that the topic is great, but also realize that most college
students these days have no clue about previous generations of
scientists.  They don't know the difference between a discovery made by a
male or a discovery made by a female.  I think this is all the more reason
to run this course.

Another post referred to science that is normally taught as
'male-science.'  This overstates the problem.  Most students are ignorant
about these details.

B. Martin