Dissertation Defense

JPotter jras at post.its.mcw.edu
Mon Feb 24 09:54:06 EST 1997

Hi to all,

I am a mere 5 weeks away from my Ph.D. defense and am quite nervous about
the entire thing!  I was wondering if others who have gone through this
would share their experiences....was it as bad as you thought it would
be?  All of a sudden, my data just doesn't look as good as it did a month
ago!  Is this common?  How did you prepare for the defense, both the
seminar part and the defense part?  If you knew then what you know now,
would you change anything about the defense or your preparation for it?

Thanks,
a somewhat panicky Jennifer Potter

jras at post.its.mcw.edu