WISE conference

JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU JFRUGOLI at BIO.TAMU.EDU
Wed Jan 29 18:34:30 EST 1997

Below is a forwarded message from J Beth Shapiro I thought would be
pertinent to some of the group.  I went to last year's conference,
thought it was excellent, and plan to be at this year's as well.

>>Hi!
>>        I am writing to all my non-Texas A&M friends and email
contacts
>with ties to Science and Engineering (or scientists and engineers) to
share
>some information with you about an upcoming conference you may be
interested
>in attending.  Please share this information with anyone else who might
wish
>to participate.
>>        The title of the conference is "Adapting to a Changing World:
>Professional and Career Development Conference."  This is the fifth
annual
>WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) career development conference
and my
>fifth year on the organizing committee.  If past years serve as any
>prediction, this should be a highly informative and enjoyable event.
This
>year's speakers include: Carolyn Hunsacker, D. Eng. at Oak Ridge
National
>Laboratory; Dr. Karen Watson, Assoc. Dean of the College of Engineering
at
>Texas A&M University; Jaleh Daie, Ph.D., national president of Assoc.
for
>Women in Science (AWIS); and Dr. Marlene Zuk, behavioral ecologist and
>assoc. professor at University of California, Riverside.  The keynote
>Address will be given by Dr. France Cordova, Vice Chancellor for
Research,
>University of California, Santa Barbara.
>>         The conference is set for Sat. Feb. 22, 1997 with a Welcome
>Reception and entertainment the night before, Fri. Feb. 21, 1997.  The
>conference will take place on the campus of Texas A&M University.  The
>registration fee for the conference is $20 ($12 for students) and
includes
>the pre-conference reception and entertainment, registration packet,
>morning/afternoon breaks and lunch.  Free childcare is available upon
>request for Sat.
>>        Further information and a registration form are available on
the
>world wide web at the WISE conference site
>(http://www-ocean.tamu.edu/~wise/conference.html).  Those of you
without web
>access can get this information and/or a registration form by
contacting me
>(see below) or Nancy Magnussen by email: nancy at isc.tamu.edu or phone:
>(409)845-5587.  Any other questions you may have can also be answered
by
>Nancy Magnussen or me.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Beth
>>
>J. Beth Shapiro, future Ph.D. in Chemistry
>Department of Chemistry, Mail Stop 3255
>Texas A&M University
>College Station, TX 77843-3255
>
>E-mail: JBS6507 at acs.tamu.edu