How do you handle it?

Annette C. Hollmann ah690549 at
Tue Jul 8 11:41:27 EST 1997

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.970708111254.16755C-100000 at> Kimberly Walker <walker at> writes:
>I'm looking for information on how to deal with difficult men in your
>How do you all deal with men who remark too much on physical attributes,
>cultural/racial differences, who exhibit racist/sexist behavior and are
>all-around jerks effectively?

1.) Try to explain to them that their behaviour is unacceptable.

2.) Remark on *their* physical experience.
If you're the type that's made of steel, "squeezably soft" is often a good
insult to use on an out-of-shape guy.
Molson Muscle (or Miller Muscle) is a good one too
(as in "could you get your Miller Muscle out of my way so I can get
to the centrifuge")

3.) Go to the boss for help. Harrassment charges can and sometimes should
be filed if a semi-official reprimand doesn't help.
If the jerk is the boss, go to *his* boss.
If he is the top-ranking person, there are government agencies that can

(Of course if you are his boss, you can give him one warning to straighten
out,and if he won't then you have a valid reason to fire him.