Reflections in a female eye

Mr. W.Y. Chan wahchan at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Jul 10 06:00:43 EST 1997

sunny N stewart (sunnyesq at ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: Re : Grant distribution.  It has been my experience and especially of
: late that we women are are own worst enemy.  We complain about men and
: their inability or unwillingness to recognize our contributions or our
: output, or their unwillingness to promote or hire us.  But Women in
: positions of 'authority' or responsibility do their 'best' to make
: certain in many cases that women do not advance, or join their crew.

: It is indeed a sad thing. The "Me generation, really is just that...me.

I suppose if men stops a women from gaining promotion we men can easily
be accused of sex bias but if a women stops another of her own gender
it is a much more difficult case to argue. You are right indeed that
worse can be done by oneslf.

	Wah