VENT- A Man got the job I should have gotten.

paris paris at merck.com
Thu Jul 10 16:51:17 EST 1997

I know that I'll probably sound like I'm whining but I really am upset
over this and I don't know how to deal with it, so I'm venting here.

I have been here for 2 years and have worked my ass off in the mean time
putting in overtime up the wazoo. (56 hour weeks for almost the last 6
months)

The guy that was offered the Project Managers postion was someone I
Trained, and has been here only 1 year. But he's in good with the VP as
if they were buddies and has been asskissing since the day he got here.
No matter that most of his projects I've finished or straightened out
cause of his incompetence.

Yesterday he announced to our Boss that he has been offered the Project
Managers (it is in a different dept but still in connection to
ours) position because the VP had recommended him for it.

I am happy for him cause he IS a good guy, but I wasn't even given a
chance to apply for the position cause the VP recommended him cause they
were buddies.

I am so upset over this that I can't believe it and I resent him so much
because of it. I wish I didn't feel like this but it just hurts alot.

I have put on my professional face around here and haven't spoken to
anyone about my feelings but its just eating me up inside, I actually had
to go to the bathroom and cry in the stall. I hope I can face the rest of
these 2 days until he moves into his new office a building over. Which
sucks even more cause I'm stuck in an F'n cubicle.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Paris

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.