moderation

DESTEFANO at MED-GENEPI.BU.EDU DESTEFANO at MED-GENEPI.BU.EDU
Wed Jul 16 08:20:13 EST 1997

I am not in favor of moderation of this group.  Although I do not like
the spams, I get nearly every spam in duplicate on the genetic linkage group
which is another bionet newsgroup.  It is my observation that the
word "women" appearing in the name of this group does not have anything to
do with the content of the spams we are receiving.  Unless all the
bionet newsgroups move to moderation I think the problem will continue
for people who suscribe to more than one group.  The effort it takes
to delete a spam is small, I feel, and I would hate to see a delay in
the transmission of messages from members of this group that would
likely come with moderation.

Anita